Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Alive and well

Whoops, I have a blog. Thanks to my coworker for reminding me.
I am still in CO and loving it! I want to tell you all about my summer so I will just do many post in a row.

May- headed out on the 13 hr trip to Manitou Springs. Myself , 6 other girls and 3 guys opened the hotel after it had been closed for the entire winter.  We painted over 30 rooms, took apart , moved, then reassembled 60 bunk beds, ripped up carpet after carpet, and just scrubbed and cleaned until this place shinned. Hard . Rewarding. Work.
Next up staff training! When 35 more staffers arrived ! Wahoo!  It felt like the best family reunion ever. So many good friends , so much joy.
Staff training was incredible. Dr Jeff Meyers and Mr. Stonestreet did the majority of it. We had lessons on being good mentors to the students and a session on the vision of Summit. Wow. I wanted to listen all day for a week. It was that good. Hearing about their personal passion to see lives changed for Christ and me being part of that was amazing. Realizing how much influence we have . For good or for bad. The getting the understanding behind it all and being able to put it to good use....just three days later when the students would arrive.Next post....

1 comment:

  1. HI Mollygrace. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you read! I love knowing who's out there. glad to see you back to writing:)

    ReplyDelete